What is Microblading Exactly?
Eyebrow microblading is a form of micropigmentation which uses a tattooing technique. It involves implanting a pigment under the skin in small, hair-like strokes that imitate your natural brows. This procedure is perfect if you have sparse or missing eyebrows as it gives you a flawless, full brow look. The technique produces a permanent or semi-permanent colour and ranges from subtle to dramatic, depending on your personal preferences. Although the colour pigment fades over time, it is still considered semi-permanent makeup because of the long-term results.
How Does Microblading Work?
The procedure is done using a metal hand held tool with ultra fine needles to help create a super realistic brow look. Each ‘hair’ is gently etched into your skin and hypoallergenic pigment is implanted under your skin. The first session will take on average 1.5-2 hours and then a follow up visit 4-6 weeks after the initial appointment will be required and take approximately 1 hour.
Does Microblading Hurt?
The microblading procedure is considered mild to none. Before the procedure your brow technician will apply anesthetic to numb the area and this also gets reapplied during the session for your comfort. It will depend on your pain threshold too, some clients have described it as light cat scratches and others do not feel anything at all.
What is the Microblading Healing Process?
After the procedure, you will experience some redness and slight swelling. Your eyebrows will appear very dark for the first few days and will take approximately 7-14 days to heal and about a month for the colour to set in properly. On the upside, microblading is a procedure that is minimally invasive, meaning no down time is required!
What are the Major Benefits of Eyebrow Microblading in Sydney?
- Natural, flawless look
- The beauty to microblading is that it creates a natural, full brow look that lasts approximately 1-3 years. It’s lasting rate will vary depending on your skin type i.e. normal, oily, dry or combination and your skincare routine.
- One stop shop
- Microblading provides an easy solution to people with allergies or are sensitive to cosmetics that are currently saturated in the market.
- Additionally, it can be helpful for people that experience hair loss or lack of hair growth problems.
- You can remove your eyebrow routine all together!
- You will not have to reapply your eyebrow makeup after activities such as
- Organic pigment used
- This means that your eyebrows will not drastically change colours overtime as organic pigment is used. The eyebrow may still fade in colour, however nothing too noticeable.
- A minimally invasive procedure
- Since microblading is only classified as semi-permanent makeup it is minimally invasive and has very little down time.